This is my way of making chilli chicken. An easy and simple recipe to make whenever my kids ask for chinese (indian chinese :)) food. And I serve it with fried rice to satisfy their little tummies.
2 Onion chopped
2 Green chilli chopped
1 tbsp Tomato ketchup
2 tsp Corn flour (dissolved in water)
A pinch of red food colour (optional)
1 capsicum cubed
Black pepper powder as per taste
Salt as per taste
2 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Soya sauce
- Heat oil in a pan and add green chilli, chicken pieces and fry till they turn white and then add onion and capsicum and cook for a minute.
- Add salt, soya sauce, black pepper powder and cook for a minute and then add tomato ketchup and add 1 cup of water, cook for few minutes.
- Add cornflour paste and food colour and mix well.
- Leave it to boil for a minute until the gravy thickens .
- Garnish it with green spring onion.