It was nephew’s birthday and I just decided to bake a cake. Searching the net I found a simple recipe from allrecipes.com and that was it. The cake turned out nice and moist.
You need to take care to measure everything properly.
1 Cup Sugar powdered
1/2 Cup Butter/ Any vegetable oil
1 Tsp vanilla flavor
1 1/2 Cups All-Purpose flour
1 3/4 Tsp Baking powder
3-4 Tbsp Cocoa powder
1/2 Cup Milk
I used vegetable oil for the recipe.
- preheat oven to 175 deg Celsius .
- Grease the baking tin with oil followed by dusting it with a little flour.
- In a bowl mix the oil and sugar till its smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time and add the vanilla flavor.
- In a separate bowl mix the baking powder, cocoa powder and the flour.
- Combine the flour into the egg mixture .
- finally add milk and combine to get a smooth mixture.
- Pour into the baking dish and bake for 30-40 minutes (until the knife comes out clean)
I also wanted to put some icing on top so here it is:
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup (Cocoa powder, Milk, Butter )
1 Tsp Vanilla flavor
Use only butter and No oil. 🙂
- Combine all the ingredients and bring to boil and let it cook for 5 mins (until it thickens slightly).
- Allow it to cool and beat well.
- Spread on top of Cooled cake.
Since I decided to do all of this in the last minute I didn’t allow the icing to cool .
Hence the thin consistency of the icing but it didn’t matter at all. My nephew was very happy. 🙂 Next time I make I’ll give it some time.
Hope you’ll try it too… 🙂