A few days back i was going through familyCook’s blog and i saw chocolate panna cotta which looked drool worthy and i decided to make a variant of it on a special occasion that was coming up. So i made vanilla panna cotta and kiwi jelly..
1 3/4 cups water
1/2 cup sugar
1 kiwi mashed/cut into small cubes
1 tbsp powdered gelatin
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Place 1 1/2 cup water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add kiwi and allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the gelatin mixture in the saucepan, stir through and simmer for 2 minutes or until dissolved.
- In a well greased loaf tin/glasses pour the liquid. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
Vanilla Panna cotta
2 tbsp powdered gelatine
1/3 cup water
3 3/4 cups cream
1 1/4 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sprinkle gelatine over water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Place the cream, icing sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat and stir.
- Add the gelatine mixture and simmer over low heat for 4 minutes or until dissolved.
- Allow to cool to room temperature then pour the mixture over the set jelly and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, dip the tin into dish of warm water and invert onto a plate( i left it a little long in the hot water n u can see it has melt a little).
- I have Served it in cups and in the baking dish and then flip it. Do what is more convenient for you..
P.S I have used Veg gelatin because i was not sure if the non veg gelatin available was of pork or beef as it was not mentioned on the pack.
Hope you like it… God bless…
Enjoy the pics..