This Eid we had a get together which was the right occasion to make it. I was happy with the result and everyone loved it!
I know its a bit late but none the less here is the recipe:
The traditional version of this dish is baked using hot charcoal but i’m using the oven using comination cooking.
- 6 Eggs
- 400g Sugar
- 150g Khoa
- A pinch of saffron
- Ghee 100g / for greasing the dish
- 10 -12 Almonds
- A few almond slivers for garnish
- I used 100g ghee for the richer/traditional version of the dish.
- Blend all the ingredients to a smooth paste .
- Top it with a few almond slivers.
- Cook under combi 3 (upper + lower grill & convection) for about 30-40 mins.
- check to see if the knife comes out clean otherwise cook for another couple of minutes.
Wait for it to cool down and serve!
Those who have a sweet tooth will love it!
I made it with 12 eggs in 2 dishes, one was a little more browned than the other. But both tasted good!