Hello!! I am super excited because this is my 1st post and hope to have many more lined up soon.
Today I’m making a desert which is the 1st desert I learnt really well. This is how I make it and it tastes amazing
Simple and easily available ingredients
- 1\2 ltr Milk
- 4 to 5 Eggs (depending on the size of the egg)
- 2cups Sugar
- Vanilla essence
- Nutmeg (optional)
Ya that’s all you need!!!
Take approx 4tbs sugar in a vessel. Heat it n keep stirring until its nice golden color. (Should be very careful and don’t dip your finger)
PROCEDURE to make the Caramel custard
- Caramelize sugar and set aside to cool
- Boil 1\2ltr of milk in a vessel
- In a bowl beat a mixture of eggs, 1cup sugar(approx) and a cap of vanilla essence.
- Add boiled milk little at a time into the mixture and mix well.
- Strain the mixture on the set caramel. Grate nutmeg (optional).
- Cover the vessel with a perfect fitting lid or with foil.
- Place the vessel on a stand in a pressure cooker with some water. Cook over medium heat (with out the whistle) for 15-20min.
- Check if it’s done by passing a knife through it. If it comes out clean its done otherwise you need to keep it back for some more time
- Once it’s done let it cool, place it in the freezer for it to set for a couple of hours if you want to serve it immediately or just let it set in the fridge.
- Place a plate on the opening of the container and flip it.
- Serve Chilled.